Colletotrichum antirrhini

Tue Jun 13 12:02:24 EST 1995

In article <3rk09m$iqv at>, Chuck Staben <staben at>

>I could not easily find C. antirrhini.  I thought that Colletotrichum was in
>the Deuteromycetes (an imperfect fungus).  I noticed that many of the
>Colletotrichum entries in Genbank are now classified as in the Ascomycetes,
>Pyrenomycetes, Diaporrthales, Diaporthacea.

Colletotrichum is the anamorph (imperfect stage) of the ascomycete
Glomerella.  Glomerella is in the Pyrenomycetes- I've found two sources that
list it as being in groups with Xylaria-type centrums (Polystigmatales
and/or Polystigmataceae), rather than the groups that you list with the
Diaporthe/Nectria-type centrum.  Does anyone know if the position of
Glomerella has been recently revised?   -RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773