Colletotrichum antirrhini

Palm, Mary MaryP at NT.ARS-GRIN.GOV
Wed Jun 14 08:28:46 EST 1995

Mary Palm
 ----------
From: rwinder
To: mycology
Subject: Re: Colletotrichum antirrhini
Date: Tuesday, June 13, 1995 8:42PM

In article <3rk09m$iqv at service1.uky.edu>, Chuck Staben <staben at pop.uky.edu>
writes:

>I could not easily find C. antirrhini.  I thought that Colletotrichum was
in
>the Deuteromycetes (an imperfect fungus).  I noticed that many of the
>Colletotrichum entries in Genbank are now classified as in the Ascomycetes,

>Pyrenomycetes, Diaporrthales, Diaporthacea.

Colletotrichum is the anamorph (imperfect stage) of the ascomycete
Glomerella.  Glomerella is in the Pyrenomycetes- I've found two sources that
list it as being in groups with Xylaria-type centrums (Polystigmatales
and/or Polystigmataceae), rather than the groups that you list with the
Diaporthe/Nectria-type centrum.  Does anyone know if the position of
Glomerella has been recently revised?   -RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773