Mushroom poisoning

Ken Harrison Kharrison
Thu Jun 15 09:11:41 EST 1995

In article
<Pine.A32.3.91j.950607092312.75592C-100000 at homer22.u.washington.edu>,
todell at u.washington.edu says...

>The North American Mycological Association has a regular report on who,
>what when where of poisonings due to mushroom consumption. I'm not sure
>where you'd find it but its likely to have a lot more cases since most
>"poisonings' cause only minor discomfort and are unlikely to come to the
>attention of a physician...
>Good luck!
>todell at u.washington.edu

Yes, the North American Mycological Association (NAMA) does publish the
records of mushroom poisoning regularly in "McIlvainea". The 1992 issue
that I have here includes an article entitled: "Mushroom Poisoning Case
Registry, North American Mycological Association, Report 1991" by John H.
Trestrial III. There is also an extensive bibliography titled: "Poisonous
Mushrooms and Toxins: Selected References, 1991" prepared for the NAMA
Toxicology Committee by Dr.Kenneth W. Cochran.

The Mushroom Poisoning Case Registry articles are produced annually in
"McIlvainea". The address on this 1992 issue is: NAMA, 3556 Oakwood, Ann
Arbor, Michigan 48104-5213, U.S.A.

Regards, Ken Harrison
E-mail: KHarrison at fcmr.forestry.ca