Fresh or Dried Lactarius Deliciosus, Anyone?

Victor H. Hogsett Vic at Rt66.com
Wed Jun 21 21:32:14 EST 1995

Hi,
This is my first posting ever; hope I get it right.  We call them
orange milkies here in the mountains of New Mexico.  I've never seen
them for sale, but I have gathered quite a few in the wilds.  My
favorite recipe:  Roasted with shrimp scented-russulas over a smokey
aspen wood fire and placed in a sandwich made with a local bread called
tortillas.  Makes me long for our season, which arrives in about two
months.
Regards, Vic