Psilocybe Cyanescens

Jim Berlstein VPGH51A at prodigy.com
Sat Jun 24 19:05:21 EST 1995

Regarding:

>bionet.mycology
>[1] Psilocybe Cyanescens
>rmp at rmp.seanet.com
>There is an interesting ad for a mushroom at
>http://hyperreal.com/drugs/psychedelics/mushrooms/growers/astoria.ossip
>Can anyone identify this mushroom.  The taxonomy seems nebulous.
>Wade

I have not checked the web site, but several years ago at the Breitenbush
Mushroom conference there were a group of folks from Astoria Oregon who
were lobbying for Specieshood for P. Astoriaences, others claimed it to
be just a slightly larger, straight-capped variation of P. Cyanescens. In
any event,  I've not heard of it since.  Perhaps this is the mushroom in
question?
Just a guess.

-
  JIM BERLSTEIN  VPGH51A at prodigy.com