Handbook of Applied Mycology

Jessie Micales jmicales at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 30 14:49:07 EST 1995

>   Hi
>Could anyone tell me whether the above book, by Dilip K. Arora, is worth
>$750 American? I assume that is the hardcover copy. If anyone knows of a
>copy that is for sale at a lower price, I would appreciate some advice as
>to how to acquire it.

>Thanks
>        Ira (Red Dog) Redwood   |           My Heart Is:
>        Advanced Major          |
>        Environmental Science   |       Canadian First, Eh!
>        Dalhousie University    |
>        Halifax, Nova Scotia    |       Albertan Second, Bud!
>        Canada                  |
>        redwood at ug.cs.dal.ca    |       Nova Scotian T'ird, B'ye!

The Handbook of Applied Mycology is actually in 5 volumes.  The subtitles
are: Soil and Plants; Humans, Animals, and Insects; Foods and Feeds; Fungal
Biotechnology; and Mycotoxins in Ecological Systems.  The $750 probably
refers to the whole set, each book can be purchased individually for a
lesser price.  The volume on Fungal Biotechnology contains 34 chapters, many
of them written by world experts in the field.  (Of course, since I am one
of those authors, albeit not a world expert, my opinion is not
entirely objective!)

Jessie Micales, Research Plant Pathologist
Forest Products Laboratory
Madison, WI