MORAL'S

Wed Mar 1 12:53:02 EST 1995

In article <3j0aqs$12ts at usenetw1.news.prodigy.com>,
VPGH51A at prodigy.com (Jim Berlstein) writes:

>I also want to know where in Ca., so I can estimate the progress of Morel
>season up the coast to portland and Seattle.

Yes!  If anyone could report the northward progress of morel fruiting in North
America &/or the West Coast, it would really be a big help to those of us who
have to plan dates for mushroom club forays (some members in my group are
still not convinced there's even such thing as a morel- we seem to have hit
all the wrong dates and places last year.)  Tracking the chanterelle reports
northward last fall in bionet.mycology proved to be very useful- we were able
to hit the nail right on the head. I imagine that northward tracking would
also benefit those further south who want to know how far they are into the
season.	-RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773