lag in email transmission

Nora Plesofsky-Vig npv at MANI.CBS.UMN.EDU
Sun Mar 5 19:13:20 EST 1995

Greetings:

I am sending this message on March 5th to document for myself (and
others who receive newsgroup messages as email) how long it takes to
receive this message.

I have noticed that there is a completely different group of messages
posted on the bionet.mycology newsgroup (more recent, I assume) than
I am receiving at roughly the same time by email. This was not the
case for another newsgroup, where I had a good correspondence between
the posted messages and the email I received.

Is there a reason for this lag in the mycology group? Can anything be
done about it?

Nora Plesofsky-Vig