insect control

Mike Griggs mhg3 at cornell.edu
Sat Mar 4 09:08:41 EST 1995

 I am a little late in responding to this but here is what I know. I work
with a group doing research on entomopathogenic fungi.  Our cryocollection
contains approximately 4800 isolates of fungi collected from insects from
around the world.  There are supprisingly few collections from
hymenopterans and very few indeed collected from the honey bee (Apis
melifera). The one exception is ascosphaera apis the fungus that causes
chalk brood.  Then again why would one want to control the honey bee
unless atempting to shift the resources to an endangered solitary bee.
Removing local bee hives would have a greater affect and or bacillus
larvae (foul brood).  Hope this answers your question.  Mike

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.950227121517.17986E-100000 at dino>, Larry Jones
<ez044402 at peseta.ucdavis.edu> wrote

--
Mike Griggs Entomologist/Apiculturist/Arborist