Morels in the SF Bay Area?

John S. Watson - FSC watson at
Mon Mar 6 17:08:05 EST 1995

In article <3htv7j$p33 at> watson at (John S. Watson - FSC) writes:
>Do morels occur in the bay area?

Well, I get to answer my own question ... YES YES YES!!! :-)

I just found (March 6, 1995) a couple yellow morels growing in the planter
in the building across the street from mine.   This is the first
time I've ever found a morel in S.F. bay area.  Previously I've
found some in the Sierra (California)  and Olympic peninsula (Washington).

Now, how can I make a feast out of 2 morels?

John S. Watson
NASA Ames Research Center MS/243-9, Moffett Field, CA 94035

"Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone ..."