Scalp mycosis???

Jessie Micales jmicales at
Thu Mar 9 08:24:10 EST 1995

Any medical mycologists out there?

Our secretary noticed yesterday that she has two circular areas on her scalp 
in which all the hair is gone.  The patches are circular, very red and 
irritated looking (although they don't hurt), and about 2 cm in 
diameter.  She went to the doctor (a general practioner) who had never seen 
anything like it before.  He took some samples and will presumably do some 
culturing.  Any suggestions in the interim?  She, of course, is quite 

Jessie (jmicales at

More information about the Mycology mailing list