powdery mildews

Elizabeth Jones fzejones at dale.ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 9 17:30:10 EST 1995

Hi, I would like to make contact with anyone working on powdery mildews,
particularly on tomato, and particularly Leveillula taurica. I am trying
to study molecular variability  in Californian L. taurica isolates and
would like to obtain  freeze dried/DNA samples of isolates of L. taurica and
other tomato powdery mildews (Oidium or Erysiphe) from around the world
to use as comparisons/controls. If you work on any of these pathogens,
 or know someone who does, please let me know.
	Also, I have had considerable difficulties maintaining L. taurica
in an invitro system (on tomato plantlets in magenta boxes) and in
getting decent DNA of L. taurica. The principal problem seems to be
getting a very tough spore wall open. Any ideas? Know of any good papers?
		Thanks, Elizabeth Jones