Neurospora RNA for RNase protection

rlab davis rdlab at gandalf.bio.uci.edu
Sun Mar 12 19:14:03 EST 1995

Is anyone using a particular RNA isolation protocol for Neurospora which
yields total RNA suitable for RNase protection?  I seem to be having trouble
with DNA contamination using techniques published in the FGN.

Ideally, I would like a technique which is quick, easy and doesn't involve
isolating mRNA from total.  Is this wishful thinking?

If you have any suggestions, please email me.  Thanks in advance.

Martin Hoyt
Dept. of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Univ. Calif. Irvine
mahoyt at uci.edu