Classification systems - which one?

Eric Robb Siegel esiegel at UNIX1.SNCC.LSU.EDU
Sat Mar 25 16:30:53 EST 1995

I just had an Introductory Mycology course here at LSU taught by one Dr.
Meredith Blackwell.  She is in the process of rewriting Alexopoulos & Mims, and has mailed some chapters off to the publisher, so we can hopefully look forward to an Alexopoulis, Mims, & Blackwell sometime within the next year.  There are,
apparently, quite a large number of changes at higher taxonomic levels which
have been promulgated since the last Alexopoulos & Mims came out, which are going to be in her rewrite; our class lectures came from the manuscript.