Help with Boletus retipes? ornatipes?

Ralph D. Arnold rarnold at teleport.com
Tue Mar 28 11:29:29 EST 1995

I received this posting to FUNGUS.  Can you help?
Reply to: lombardi at ADMIN.ACES.K12.CT.US

  Hello...I'm new at searching for information via computer and not
really sure if I'm in the correct address for asking guestions.
However, if there is any way I can get  some info regarding the
edibility of "BOLETUS RETIPES" it would be appreciated.A field guide
describes it as a variety of "BOLETES ORNATIPES" or "GOLDSTALK".
Thank you for any info that may be available.........Frank

                          Lombardi at admin.aces.k12.ct.us