BASTA selection

G Turner mb1gt at sunc.sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Mar 28 04:11:14 EST 1995

Can anyone advise me on BASTA selection in
N. crassa transformation.  We have made a construct
in the expression vector pBARGRG1, and were sent a
solution of BASTA at 600mg/ml.  The recommended level
of 200-300ug/ml does not appear to inhibit our
strain  of N. crassa.  Although it is an am mutant,
deleted for glutamate dehydrogenase, it is grown on
medium with proline instead of ammonium, so I cannot
see how this might affect sensitivity to BASTA.
Is our BASTA inactive, and where could I get some
more from?

--
 Geoff Turner
 University of Sheffield