black morel and woodland russula

Marco Floriani mflorian at sun10.inf.unitn.it
Fri Mar 31 01:37:13 EST 1995

	Excuse me for this second answer to the same message.
I forgot to say that there are also some other Russula species which
have a fishy smell, like that of Russula xerampelina. These are the
species belonging to the Amoeninae group, i.e.: R. amoena, R. amoe-
nicolor, R. violeipes and its var. citrina (I hope I didn't forgot
any other species). Anyway these species are quite different from R.
xerampelina, and even if they usually have some red colour on their
stipe, they lack the yellow-brown spots typical of R. xerampelina.

				Marco Floriani
				Via Vigolana, 8
				38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)
				ITALY