Help - De-ionized water

Lester.Pasarell at utmb.edu Lester.Pasarell at utmb.edu
Mon May 1 12:11:23 EST 1995

Dear Sir, many types of fungi can grow in DIWater, without need of large
amounts of nutrients. Fungi as common as Aspergillus, Penicillium and
Cladosporium will grow in water that contains small ammounts of organic
substances, actually  some hyphomycetes will be preserved
for many years once their conidia have been suspended in sterile DI Water.

If you want to know what is in your DI water, try  subculturing it
to a solid medium, such as Potato dextrose agar with or without
antibiotics and from there after a few weeks(if the Organism sporulates)
you can then try to identify it.
I hope that this information is of help. Pleas feel free to E mail to
me if I can further assist.

Lester

Lester Pasarell                       :  Lester.Pasarell at utmb.edu
Medical Mycology Research laboratory   :  LPASAREL at beach.utmb.edu