Regulations in National Parks/Forests

Jennifer Burke jxb90 at po.CWRU.Edu
Tue May 2 17:43:55 EST 1995

Hello again.

What are the regulations concerning the gathering of mushrooms from
national parks and national forests?  I had heard that mushrooms are
classified (by the government) under flora and fauna, and therefore it is
illegal to gather them.  However, I was also told that (at least for state
parks/forests) that the decision was left up to the supervisor of the
individual park.
If you have any info, please post or e-mail me.
Thanks.

Oh, btw, does anyone know if the National Park and Forestry Service is
on-line? If so, how can I reach them?  Let me know if you have anything.