mystery mycena

Otto Lang mst1 at
Mon May 1 19:30:54 EST 1995

I wonder if someone can, ummmh, "shed some light" on this
mystery mushroom which glows in the dark.

A York University student called me to find out
where he could collect ~Mycena lux-coeli~, a mushroom
mentioned in "Biology of Plants", by Raven, Ewert &
Eichhorn, 5th edition, 1992, Worth Publishers,p.97
ISBN 0-87901-532-2 (described by him as the
standard botany text)

The interesting feature is said to be the bio-luminescence.
I have no quoted author(s) of the ; I couldn't find any
reference to it in Singer, Moser, and nobody in the Mycological
Society of Toronto was of any help.

Any info would be appreciated, I'm sure.

Otto Lang, Mycological Society of Toronto <MST1 at> Fidonet 1:250/228
OR <ottolang at>