Boletaceae

Henri Morin henrim at PRIMENET.COM
Tue May 9 20:37:13 EST 1995

At 06:09 PM 5/9/95 +0100, monika at kasper.demon.co.uk wrote:
>Hi,
>Can anyone help me with some information on Boletaceae mushrooms,
especially Boletus edulis,
>Boletus badius and Suillus luteus.
>I have been doing some research into the antimicrobial activity of
>these three mushrooms, but I am having difficulty in tracking down
>any background information on them
>
>If anyone can help, please tell me on
>
>monika at kasper.demon.co.uk
>

>Thanks   Monika Filipinska
>
>The only thing I know about the Boletus is the King variety. Sauted with
parsley and garlic is a delicasy. In France people hunt them in fall.
here in the States I found them in the High Sierra in California in fall
also to be more precise in the Portola Quincy area. Any French can tell you
more I am out of Europe too long ago and I lost track on some details.

Henri Morin