Plasmid Preparation for transformation.

G Turner mb1gt at sunc.sheffield.ac.uk
Fri May 19 11:04:45 EST 1995

Gregory May (gsmay at bcm.tmc.edu) wrote:

: I have a rather specific question for those transforming Aspergillus nidulans.
: My group has tried several methods of preparing plasmid DNA for transformation
: but the most reliable one still is to purify the DNA on CsCl ethidium bromide
: gradients.  This is tedious when you want to make multiple constructs and test
: them for function etc.  Does anyone have a reproducible method of making
: plasmid DNA that transforms each and every time?

: Thanks,
: Greg
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Greg,
No!
Trying Quiagen ourselves at present.
This is a very important point, though.  In searching for
genes amongst a small group of cosmid clones (e.g. from
FGSC library) this is a problem.

Hope you get more constructive answers!

Geoff
--