Need Help!

m.lee mikaline at netcom.com
Mon Nov 6 01:37:33 EST 1995

K N and P J Harris (ecoli at cix.compulink.co.uk) wrote:
: > ==========
: > bionet/mycology #539, from goarmy at selway.umt.edu, 1011 chars, Wed  1
: Nov 1995 15:52:47 -0
: > ----------
: > Article: 2573 of bionet.mycology

: > I'm a college senior and I am assisting my old high school biology
: > teacher with one of his student's science project.  We are looking for
: a
: > fungi, yeast, etc, that is able to a)live in highly acidic soil and/or
: > water due to mine tillings and b) able to process and neutralize the
: toxic
: > soil and water and and reduce its contaminating effects.  Any help
: would
: > be greatly appreciated.
: >
: >  Jason A.

Seems to me there was some work done in the Dakotas at Homestake that
predated the Australian work - check out the 80's literature, tho the
emphasis was more on recovery than bioremediation.

ml