need info. on fungi-eating mammals

Angel Montesinos Amilibia Angel.Montesinos at
Mon Nov 6 03:52:55 EST 1995

In article <Sigvard.Svensson-0311952326480001 at>,
Sigvard.Svensson at (Sigvard Svensson) wrote:

> In article <46sicb$hlp at>, gitv45 at
> (VAN TETS IAN G) wrote:
> >        While some work on fungi-eating marsupials has been done here, I
> >have been unable to find very much on mammals feeding on fungi outside
> >Australia.  If someone knows any refernces related to this topic, could
> >they please forward them to me?  My Email address is gitv45 at

 I have also observed squirrels eating Boletus (Suillus) luteus, and
sheeps eating Tricholoma terreum.

Angel Montesinos Amilibia
Departamento de Geometria y Topologia
Universidad de Valencia (Spain)