need info. on fungi-eating mammals

Gareth Renowden gren at
Wed Nov 8 05:03:24 EST 1995

In article <Angel.Montesinos-0611950952550001 at>,
Angel.Montesinos at (Angel Montesinos Amilibia) wrote:
>  I have also observed squirrels eating Boletus (Suillus) luteus, and
> sheeps eating Tricholoma terreum.

In the UK, squirrels seem to eat many different kind of mushrooms -
especially the ones I'm trying to find! Curiously, they seem to prefer to
eat the stems rather than the caps.

Gareth Renowden                      l
Publishing & marketing consultant    l  "I don't know what I want,
Voice +44 (0)181 241 4852            l     but I want it NOW!"
Fax +44 (0)181 943 4294              l    Sir Henry Rawlinson
e-mail gren at         l     (c) Viv Stanshall