Mushroom poisoning of dogs

Adolf Ceska aceska at freenet.Victoria.BC.CA
Fri Nov 10 00:01:15 EST 1995


A dog died of what was suspected to be a mushroom poisoning on
southern Vancouver Island. The dog became violently ill and
the autopsy showed that the liver was totally destroyed.
The dog's owner brought some LBM's (little brown mushrooms),
possibly some Inocybe or Hebeloma spp., but nothing what would
be obviously poisonous. Are there any well documented records
of mushroom poisoning of dogs or other pets?

Adolf Ceska
aceska at freenet.victoria.bc.ca



More information about the Mycology mailing list