Questions about Phytophthora

Brett Tyler fztyler at ISUN.UCDAVIS.EDU
Tue Nov 14 16:54:59 EST 1995

Dear Dr Kruell,

the following people have all published several articles on Phytophthora
molecular biology and transformation since 1991

Howard S. Judelson (University of California, Riverside)
Brett M. Tyler (University of California, Davis) i.e. myself
Michael D. Coffey (University of California, Riverside)
Francine Govers (Wageningen University, The Netherlands)

Brett Tyler

>Hi Mycologists!
>
>I am interested in the molecular biology of Phythophthora species. What is
>some good literature to start with? Who are the experts in that field?
>I'm especially interested in information about transformation and
>pathogenicity of transformed fungi. Is it possible to infect the host plant
>with an in vitro mutagenized fungus?
>
>Thanks for any information!
>
>Christoph Kruell
>Christoph Kruell
>Institut fuer Biochemie                  Phone: *49-211-311-5156
>Universitaet Duesseldorf                 FAX:   *49-211-311-3085
>Universitaetsstr. 1                      christoph.kruell at uni-duesseldorf.de
>40225 Duesseldorf
>Germany

Brett Tyler