Science or hobby?

Larry Caldwell larryc at teleport.com
Thu Nov 16 03:50:43 EST 1995

In article <19951111.130616.96 at halmarax.halmarax.demon.co.uk>,
Tony at halmarax.demon.co.uk (Tony Halmarack) wrote:

> Please go ahead on that basis, I can't wait to bask in the enlightening rays of
> your superior perceptions.

Don't harrass the professionals.  This group could exclude amateur postings
at any time just by sending email to bionet and selecting a moderator.
A public vote is not necessary.  Bionet is a dedicated professional forum.

Fortunately, mycologist are sincerely interested in their field, and
generally don't discourage postings by the public.  It's very rare
for pros and amateurs to co-exist cordially on bionet.  We amateurs are
definitely the guests here.  Let's not insult our hosts.

-- Larry Caldwell           larryc at teleport.com
   Myrtle Creek, Oregon