Growth Media

Peter Oei (ECO Consult) poei at telebyte.nl
Sat Nov 18 19:49:14 EST 1995

roland at heather.greatbasin.com (Roland Blais) wrote:
>Would sterile bovine excrement (ie fertilizer) be a suitable growth
>medium for corporophylic fungi?
>
>Also, can anybody suggest a suitable growth medium for Mycena Chlorphos?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Roland

In a sense the most common cultivated mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) is a
coprofylic fungus too. It grows very well on standard PDA or maltagar. I
have conducted experiments with Bolbitius vitellinus and it also grows
quite well on a standard malt agar.

If the standard recipes don't work, you can try to boil some of the
natural substrate and use the filtered broth. Add some agar and just try.

Peter Oei