Mushroom identification question

Terry Bix tmbix at ccmail.monsanto.com
Mon Nov 27 14:04:18 EST 1995

I have some more info on the mushroom I am trying to identify.
It is 10-15 pounds.  Curly shape (like a sheeps head) and is a
variety of whitish/brown shades.  Please respond to my email.  Thanks.
Terry Bix

Hi!  Wondered if anyone could help me with a mushroom question.
My uncles live in Carlinville, IL and enjoy mushrooming
(mostly morels).  They have also been collecting a species
they call "Sheepshead" or Coreen (this is a phonetic spelling).
I thought this was a chantarelle, but could not find it in my
mushroom book.  Have you heard of these nicknames and could anyone
identify it for me.  My father (who lives in Florida)
asked me to search the net for him.  We thank you in advance
for any info you might have. :)

Terry Bix
tmbix at ccmail.Monsanto.com