Spore Germination?

"David Brayford ", IMI D.BRAYFORD at cabi.org
Mon Nov 27 03:42:22 EST 1995

Your needle might have been too hot.  Let it cool inthe water agar for 20-30
seconds before picking up the spores.  Also, it often happens that %
germination is low.  I recommend spreading out the spores and leaving them
to germinate overnight.  Next day you can just pick off those that have
actually germinated.  This way you get 100% recovery.
Good luck.
Dave Brayford, IMI