Are there standard color references for mycological work?

Brian Winkler n9489504 at honeydew.cc.wwu.edu
Tue Oct 10 01:32:18 EST 1995

I have been reading David Aurora's Mushrooms Demystified, the National
Audobon Society's Mushroom Field Guide, along with some other works.

In all of these works, there is reference made to a plethora of different
color distinctions.  Are these colors referenced to any grand scheme, and
is there a color swatchbook available somewhere for these colors?  None
of the above-mentioned works lists any color source in their
bibliographies or introductions.

A quick check of my university library led me to the following