microsatellites in filamentous fungi?

oser at uni-muenster.de oser at uni-muenster.de
Thu Oct 12 07:01:59 EST 1995

Does anyone know something about microsatellites (or simple sequences) in
filamentous fungi? I have found a repetetive sequence in our fungus
(Claviceps, ascomycete) with homology to a human microsatellite sequence. As
this sequence seems to occur in multiple copies in our fungus and consists of
a short, repeated nucleotide motif,, I tend to believe it to be a fungal
microsatellite. But, in the literature (I went back one year in the CC Life
Science issues) and databanks (EMBL and Genbank) I found only animal, plant
and yeast examples.