antifungals for tissue culture

Austin Reade areade at nsrfc.ns.ca
Wed Oct 18 10:50:36 EST 1995

A colleague has asked me to pose this question to the group.

Does anyone have information on antifungals which might be added to the media
for conifer tissue culture work.   My colleagues are experiencing occasional
problems with fungal contamination.  Some contamination has been
with basidiomycetes (clamp connections) and has occured even if the culture
vessel has not be used for plant growth.  A less frequent problem has been
Penicillium/Aspergillus (?)  and other airborne contaminants.

If you can help us out please e-mail me.

Thanks
Austin Reade, Microbiologist      Phone:    (902) 424-8670
Nova Scotia Research Foundation   Fax:      (902) 424-4679
101 Research Drive, PO Box 790    Internet: areade at nsrfc.ns.ca
Dartmouth, NS, Canada  B2Y 3Z7