Are there ANY edibles left around Vancouver?

Tue Oct 17 10:31:10 EST 1995

In article <45v9v4$ss0 at fountain.mindlink.net>, User <user at griffin.multimedia.edu> writes:
>I've been having a rough time trying to find any decent quantities of
>edibles (Chantrelles, Matsutake, etc.) around Vancouver in October. Seems
>to be a lousy fall season. Too much rain? Looking everywhere, but not
>seeing many mushrooms of any type.
>
>Any suggestions? Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Paul -->  pklym at griffin.multimedia.edu

They've dropped off around the Island, too.  We suspect the late summer rains
caused some things to start, then we had a period of dryness followed by
November-like cold/wet which seems not to have been all that conducive.

-Richard

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773