Shiitakes and black mushrooms - Latin names - please help!

Roman Trusnik trusnik at risc.upol.cz
Fri Oct 20 07:52:02 EST 1995

Dear Mycophiles,

I have to translate the names of the following mushrooms from English into
the Czech language:

1. Shiitake mushrooms
2. Black mushrooms, mo-or or "tree ear" (according to the book, these
should be synonymous)

So I need at least the Latin name of these mushrooms. Unfortunately I have
not found any of these species in the dictionaries available here. I have
been able to find the shiitakes on the net (but there was not the Latin
name there) but I have never come across the "black mushrooms". Could
anyone help me, please? I would be most obliged to them. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Roman Trusnik
trusnik at risc.upol.cz