Science or hobby?

Peter Herman herman at
Sat Oct 21 16:18:18 EST 1995

David T. Bartolotta (bbear at wrote:
: I agree with you.  I use this mainly as a hobby.  I wonder if there can
: be 2 separate sections.  Possibly <> and
: <bionet.mycology.hobby>.   If I knew how to do this, I would.  I offer
: this as a suggestions so that everyone might benefit from the Net.

We have talked about a split before.  In general, participants felt that
the low trafic didn't really justify 2 groups.

Personally, I like to see the postings from hobbiests because I pick up
useful tidbits on hunting and production to use when I teach mycology.

If we are careful to use accurate headers, the honny folk can ignore the
technical posts that do not interest them and vica versa

R. Peter Herman				email	Peter.Herman at
Sveriges Lantbruksuniversitet		Phone:	+46 18 67 12 20
Inst. f. Markvetenskap			Fax:	+46 18 67 27 95
S750 07 Uppsala, Sweden