Hypsizygus

RIDLEYG at fri.cri.nz RIDLEYG at fri.cri.nz
Tue Oct 31 19:49:02 EST 1995

     I am trying to find some information on the pathogenicity of
     Hypsizygus ulmarius and H.tessulatus. The only source I have so
     far is from Singer who says:

     Hypsizygus ulmarius (Bull.: Fr.) Redhead is described as as
     "parasitc on frondose trees" (Singer 1986, p.225).

     Hypsizygus tessulatus (Bull: Fr.) Singer sensu Singer is
     described as causing "wood rot on previously undiseased elms and
     contributing to the death of older trees" and that it "is
     parasitic mainly on Acer negundo and some species of Ulmus"
     (Singer 1986, p. 225).

     Any further info would be greatly appreciated

     Dr Geoff Ridley

     New Zealand Forest Research Institute
     Private Bag 3020
     Rotorua, New Zealand