Physarum p. info...

Jason Velick javelick at
Mon Sep 18 09:22:44 EST 1995

      Hello there,

My name is Jason Velick and I am an undergraduate at UW-Madison.  I am
taking a zoology class (151) and I am doing a lab on the organism
physarum polycephalum.  I am looking for any relevant information
regarding stimuli which this organism can respond to.  My current
hypothesis (probably wrong) is that the organism will retract (or at
least the cytoplasmic streaming (of plasmodium) in the presence of
extreme heat.  Please let me know if anyone can help!!!

                         Jason Velick