Laetiporus sulphureus Poisoning: Request for examples

Simon Hope Incode s_hope at cix.compulink.co.uk
Wed Sep 20 11:50:27 EST 1995

Did you know that the commonly-eaten 'Chicken of the Wooods' (Laetiporus
sulphureus) has been cited as the cause of several instances of food
poisoning?
I wish to compile information on this subject to assess the frequency and
extent of adverse reactions, which are currently poorly documented in the
literature (IYSWIM).

Could anyone with knowledge/personal experience of this subject please
e-mail me at  s_hope at cix.compulink.co.uk   with as many details as
possible
(eg. Symptoms, Host plant, How prepared, Amount eaten, Previous effects).

I'll post a summary if there is sufficient response. Thanks in advance.

Shelley Evans, Gwent Fungus Group, UK.