Please Help, What is it???

Steven Carpenter microbe at PEAK.ORG
Sun Sep 24 14:41:22 EST 1995

Sounds a lot like Lyophyllum decastes, but I have even seen Coprinus
comatus do this as well.

Good luck.

-Steve Carpenter
 Cascade Research Associates
  & Abbey Lane Laboratory
 microbe at peak.org

Tom Woodley (Didymus at csionline.com) wrote:
: HI,  I have what I believe to be a mushroom growing on my
: property.  This in itself is not a big deal.  However, this
: particular fungi is pushing up my driveway.  I had the same thing
: occur last year at this time.  I assumed it was a large tree root
: pushing up the asphalt.  When we dug up the spot to cut the tree
: roots we found a large (3-4 pound) mushroom.  The offending fungi
: was a white grey in color and was configured like a large bunch
: of grapes.  I thought that was the end of it.  But it has
: returned.  If anyone has any idea what I'm dealing with and how
: to eliminate this problem I would be most grateful. Pleases
: E_Mail me if you care to lend a hand.

: Thanks
: Tom  E-Mail Address  didymus at csionline.com