phytophthora transformation????

dgeorga at nefeli.imbb.forth.gr dgeorga at nefeli.imbb.forth.gr
Fri Sep 29 18:21:21 EST 1995

Hello,
	I would like to know whether Phytophthora sp. is easily transformed,
at a high frequency. The idea is to screen a genomic library from a
different fungus in Phytophthora, for expression of a phenotype. It seems
like a long shot to me, but I would appreciate some input from others that
have worked on Phytophthora, as I'm a beginner on this fungus. Please post
any suggestions on this newsgroup, or email directly to me. Thanks.

Dimitri Georgakopoulos
Institute of Mol. Biology and Biotechnology
Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas
PO Box 1527
Heraklion, Crete, Greece

email: dgeorga at nefeli.imbb.forth.gr