Likely sources: Graphium, Phoma, Sporothrix?

Doug Rice drice at vines.colostate.edu
Mon Apr 8 09:15:43 EST 1996

In article <4k6115$rnd at dfw-ixnews3.ix.netcom.com> richbyrd at ix.netcom.com(Richard Byrd) writes:
>From: richbyrd at ix.netcom.com(Richard Byrd)
>Subject: Likely sources: Graphium, Phoma, Sporothrix?
>Date: 6 Apr 1996 15:01:57 GMT

>Anyone out there sufficiently familiar with these taxa to hazard a
>guess as to whether the moss and tree limbs are likely the sources?

>Best,

>Rich Byrd

Hello Rich:
I am currently doing an exhaustive literature search concerning indoor mold
spora.  To date, the base contains 34 articles citing over 200 mold isolates
(genus and species).  Of this whopping number, 112 genera have been cited at
least once.  Graphium has been cited 6 times, Sporothrix only twice.  Phoma
has been cited 13 times, with 6 citations listing the Phoma sp. in the top
isolates.

Good luck, let me know if I can provide any further help.
Doug

Douglas A. Rice
CSU-Environmental Quality Laboratory Director
Applied microbiology of food, air, water and soil.
drice at vines.colostate.edu
voice:  (970) 491-6503
"Moderation is for Monks, take big bites out of life."
--Lazarus