APIzym info anyone?

Simon Shamoun sshamoun at A1.PFC.Forestry.CA
Mon Apr 29 14:32:16 EST 1996

In article <199604191807.NAA06925 at wugate.wustl.edu>,
brito at WUSTLB.WUSTL.EDU says...

>Hi there,
>I've been trying to get a hold of the kit APIzym (produced by API
Laboratoire
>de Recherche, FR). Does anyone out there know how I can buy it here in
U.S.?
>The kit is mentioned in:
>El-Sayed, G. N. , C. M. Ignoffo, T. D. Leathers e S.C. Gupta (1992).
Use
>   of a colorimetric system to detect enzymes expressed by germinating
>   conidia of entomopathogenic fungi. Mycopathologia, 118: 29-36.
>
>Thanx,
>
>Reinaldo deBrito
>Dept Biology Campus Box 1137
>Washington U.
>St. Louis MO, 63108

/////

 Hello : I have used API ZYM kit in my research to characterize isolates
of a basidiomycete fungus Chondrostereum purpureum used as a potential
biocontrol agent for competing hardwood vegetation in the Canadian
conifer plantations and utility rights-of-way. You can purchase the kit
either in the U.S. or Canada. The address in the U.S. is: Api Analytab
products, Division of Sherwood Medical, 200 Express street, Plainview,
New york, N.Y. 11803; and the address in Canada is: Api products, 8114-B
 Route Transcanadienne, St. Laurent, Quebec H4S 1M5. I have a paper in
press in the European journal of Forest Pathology which is related to
use of this technique for a quick detection and screening of 20
different enzymes. Please, let me know if i can help you further. good
luck in your research.

 Simon Francis Shamoun, Ph.D.
 Research Plant Pathologist
 Microbial control of Forest Pests & Phytopathology