What's this Polypore?

Howard Szafer howardz at idirect.com
Sat Aug 3 19:09:44 EST 1996

dt king wrote:
> With the recent rains and the humid weather, the dirt road behind my
> business in Massachusetts has become a fungusfest.  I dropped the by
> library and picked up a couple of books to see if I could figure out
> what the varieties were.  I can kind of guess at most of them, but
> there's a polypore I couldn't find a clue about.  I'm kind of curious.
> I put a couple of pictures and descriptions on my computer at
> http://www.dexter.weblabs.com/shrooms.html.  I'd appreciate any
> information you folks could give me.
> Thanks,
> dt king

	It's hard to tell from the images you have up, I'm afraid, but wouldn't
that be one o' them Coltricia cinnamomea 'carps?
Howard Szafer

howardz at idirect.com

Wherein you will find
Clamp Connexions -devoted to the concerns of the amateur mycologist
Howard's Tera-Modal Literation -complete WWW pagination service
Howard's Hand Honing -scissors and knives professionally sharpened
Remember the Garbagemen -information, tape, and book of lyrics