More sucrose better?

dslomczy at mailbox.syr.edu dslomczy at mailbox.syr.edu
Thu Aug 15 16:41:38 EST 1996

> Hello.

> I'm interested in knowing if the addition of  more carbohydrates in a
> medium will result in a larger mycelium network? Is there an
> optimum level? Please e-mail replies. Thank you!
There are several papers out on the use of cellobiose to improve the
branching of mycelia and supposedly improves the excretion of extra-
cellular proteins.   try this following web page to get more information on
references: http://www.swin.edu.au/chem/bio/cs96/camjones.htm.

           "Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its
                 original dimensions" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

                              David Slomczynski
                           dslomczy at mailbox.syr.edu