Mushrooms, Russia, and History

Berlant at dynanet.com Berlant at dynanet.com
Wed Aug 21 05:48:31 EST 1996

In article <4vch4u$n1p at decius.ultra.net>,
   wiemanh at ma.ultranet.com (Henry M. Wieman) wrote:
>In article <32194B42.1161 at cts.com>, Mark Buckles <markbkls at cts.com> wrote:
>>I would like to buy a reading copy (not a collectable copy) of
>>"Mushrooms, Russia, and History" by R. Gordon Wasson.
>>
>>Thanx,
>>-Mark Buckles
>I don't think there is such a thing. i.e. I think they are all collectable.
>I thought he only released the collectable edition.
>
>   	Henry M. Wieman          | "Can you answer? Yes I can!
>        wiemanh at ma.ultranet.com  |  But what would be the answer,
>        Call me Hank             |  To the Answer Man?"
>                                 |       -Robert Hunter in St. Stephen

If i'm not mistaken, Russia, Mushrooms, and History is available on microfilm
from the Penn State University library for, AFAIK, $25.00. i'm not sure how
much an inexpensive viewer costs but the whole package would certainly be less
than the cost of any of the copies i found several years ago in auction
records _ $1000 up.

In fact, if you used a viewer in any library, you could photocopy any pages of
particular interest, or even both volumes if you're ambitious, for under $100.

Regards,

Steve