Edibility of Lepistas

Alain Gerault gerault at shom.fr
Mon Dec 2 06:08:23 EST 1996

In article <56f84r$4de at castor.utu.fi>, hlehto at utu.fi says...

>Dear mushroomers,
>              I ran accross two Lepista species Lepista nuda (=Blewit)
>[finnish name: Sinivalmuska] and Lepista nebularis [Härmämalikka].
>(Both have been assigned sometimes to Clitocybe of Tricholoma genera.)
>Any way, most books I have tell that these are edible, but warn that
>some people get gastric side-effects.
>
>I would like to hear about experience of such effects with these mushrooms
>and wheather they occured if mushrooms were boiled before preparing them
>for food.
>
>Also I would appreciate in hearing about your experience with
>Hypoloma capnoides [Kuusilahokka] considered a good edible species here
>in Finland.
>
>Regards
>Harry
>--
>   Dr. Harry J Lehto                     Assistant Professor, Docent
>   Tuorla Observatory                    Yliassistentti,    Dosentti
>   Turku University                      Tel: +358-2-2744263
>   Vaisalantie 20                        Fax: +358-2-2433767
>   21500 Piikkio, FINLAND                email: hlehto at utu.fi

    Dear Harry,

   Lepista nuda, Clitocybe nebularis, Rhodopaxillus nudus contain a lot of
polyacetylenic compounds with bacteriostatic proprieties and toxic for many
people.
  For exemple:
    Diatretyne I, II and III, Agrocybine, Dehydromatricarionol...
 This toxins are partialy eliminated in the water of cooking.

  A.GERAULT  gerault at shom.fr