Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Position Description
bolwelld at vida.agvic.gov.au
Wed Dec 11 21:53:44 EST 1996
We are seeking applications for the following position. I would be
most grateful if you could advise appropriately qualified personnel
of the opportunity.
Dr Jim Kollmorgen
Director, Joint Centre for Crop Improvement
Email: Kollmorgenj at vida.agvic.gov.edu.au
Ph: (03) 622 121
Fax: (03) 622 187
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW,
CROP IMPROVEMENT/PLANT PATHOLOGY
Identification and utilisation of novel sources of take-all
(Gaeumannomyces graminis var. tritici) resistance in wheat.
The Position is a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship with the Joint
Centre for Crop Improvement, a collaborative venture between the
University of Melbourne's Department of Agriculture & Resource
Management, Longerenong College and Agriculture Victoria. The
Research Fellowship is funded by the Grains Research and Development
Corporation (GRDC). You will conduct research on the identification
and utilisation of novel sources of take-all (Gaeumannomyces graminis
var. tritici) resistance in wheat, with particular emphasis on such
wild relatives as Triticum tauschii and Aegilops spp. You will also
be required to assist in the training of postgraduate students in
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
* A Ph.D. involving Plant Pathology, Cell Biology or Plant
* Highly developed skills in the axenic culture of cells.
* Well developed oral and written skills, evidenced by publications
in refereed journals and presentations at conferences.
* Proven ability to work in, and contribute to a multidisciplinary
* A good understanding of plant genetics and breeding.
* A sound understanding of host parasite interactions involving
* Skills in plant cell/tissue culture.
* Well developed computer skills.
* Familiarity with statistical design and analysis of experiments.
* A current driver's licence.
SALARY: $38,092 - $40,889 pa (Research Fellow Grade 1).
More information about the Mycology