The last matsutake

Berlstein berlstein at aol.com
Wed Dec 11 19:37:02 EST 1996

In regards to:

"I always thought matsutake was mycorrhizal.  Your post is unclear.
Are you saying that it's not?"

I don't know who this was posted to, but here goes:

1) I found the last matsutake of the season in Seattle.  Ha ha on all of
you who are not me!

2) Someone put up a post suggesting that I buy micropore bags from him, so
I could grow them at home.

3) I responed that one can't grow matsutakes in a bag, because they are
mycorhizal.  To the best of my knowledge they are.

4) I cooked it.  My wife and I ate it.  It was good.
(quater inch slices, dip both sides in olive oil, 5 minutes on a rack
under the broiler for each side, a little soy sauce, down the hatch)

"Those who have nothing to say usually say it about spelling."
-Jim Berlstein, BFD